Saturday, April 23, 2011

L5: Sci-Fi Miniseries.




When we were young, some of us knew what we wanted to be when we grew up. For others, the future seemed like a foreign land of unlimited possibilities, whose dreams changed periodically from time to time.  And some people still don't know what they want to be when they grow up.  My good friend Tom, was that kid who knew he always wanted to be a director.  In high school, I was lucky enough to be Tom's date for our Senior Prom. He is one of those rare gems in this world.  He reminds you that there are good-hearted, genuine people out there, and that if you dream it, you can make it happen.  I remember in high school being in awe of his directing talent. We working on this "Say No To Drugs" video using clips from Requiem For A Dream (disturbing!) for one of our school clubs.  He had such an eye and passion for editing. After hours of editing and hard work, the video turned out fabulously. I actually wish I had a copy of that presentation...  Since college, he has been living in L.A. to pursue his dreams. He will be the next Spielberg. Guaranteed.

I want to share with you a project that Tom has been working recently. It's a Sci-Fi series called L5.  Right now, he is running a Kickstarter fundraising campaign for some elements of post-production. I had no idea all that went into a project like this! He needs to raise $2500 by May 12 to proceed with the project.

Feel free to take a look at the page, and if you like what you see, pass it on to people who you think might be interested. I am NOT ASKING YOU TO CONTRIBUTE! I am sharing this with you so we can help spread the word! :) I am so proud of Tom and his accomplishments.  Click here: L5 to check it out.  Thanks for sharing and checking it out! 


Good luck Tom.  I can't wait for my DVD!


Love, Caryn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!