Monday, April 4, 2011

Just Call Me Betty Crocker

When I heard that Borders filed for bankruptcy, I immediately went online to use my gift cards before they officially closed all their doors. While I got a personal reading book or two, I also got four cookbooks, and Today they arrived in the mail!

I think I covered just about all topics and bases.
  • The Best of Baking (Better Crocker) 
    • Baking sweets, breads and more- Check
  • Hungry Girl 300 Under 300 (Lisa Lillien) 
    • Healthy meals under 300 Calories- Check
  • The Best of 30 Minute Dinners (Better Homes and Gardens) 
    • Meals that can be whipped up in a hurry - Check
  • New Cookbook (Better Homes and Gardens) *came with a free magazine subscription too! 
    • It should be called the Plaid Cooking Bible as it is a staple in nearly every mothers' cupboard because it has been passed on through the generations.  It literally has EVERYTHING- between covering cooking basics, how to formally set the table, techniques and tips, refrigerator/freezer storage pointers, nutrition, and every recipe category you could possibly need and more- Check.
I enjoy cooking or baking but usually I stick to baking while Mr. Boyfriend does the the cooking. I am lucky, because he knows his way around the kitchen!  We compliment each other very well.  However, I want to be able to be a good girlfriend, one who can cook for her boyfriend.  I would love to sporadically surprise him with a delicious dinner ready on the table when he gets home from work. I want to be able to host a cocktail party and serve my own food, bring homemade delicious platters to pot luck parties, or help cook for family gatherings.


So many choices now, I don't know where to start! Have you tried any recipes that are in these books? Any suggestions I should try first?  The recipes in these books look absolutely divine!

 I am really excited to fire up the grill, turn on the burners and get my hands dirty!





Do you have any recipes that you absolutely love?!  If you would like to guest post and share your recipes please let me know!  








Love, Caryn



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!