Friday, June 3, 2011

Healthy Goal for June

I realize this post is three days late, but better late than never, right? In my defense, I did tweet about it on time! 


Mr. Boyfriend and I have decided to give up all red meat and pop for 30 days. 


Ok, so a little history: I used to be (lacto-ovo) vegetarian for a year and a half but really missed Deli turkey sandwiches.  Eventually, Mr. Boyfriend influenced me with his carnivorous ways to join the world of enjoying bacon and pepperoni again.  Because lets face it, they are delicious! I influenced him to eat healthier but we still eat more red meat than I would like.  It is easy to grill and more convenient since I don't like chicken (unless it is fried)! But we realize we need to cut back and focus on being healthy again.  With all these summer festivals coming up, I know it will be difficult but we can do it! And our bodies will thank us later. 


We are calling it our Jewish-Lent. 


Already, we were face to face with the decision to stay strong! Yesterday, the only place around was a cute little hot dog stand. While the Vienna hot dog was calling my name, I opted for a turkey burger and tea instead. 



 Caryn Levy 



At the end of the 30 days, I will recap and see how we did and how we feel. How are you trying to stay healthy? What have you cut out or incorporated into your daily life?


Oh and P.S. and I would also like to go back to working out (it has been a while!) and resume practicing Yoga at least once a week.


Love, Caryn



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!