Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup Minus The Chicken

I was originally going to write a different post, but Mr. Boyfriend had to swoop in and be the amazing boyfriend that he is, so change of plans.

I have been coughing for nearly two weeks now.  In the mornings, I either sound like I swallowed a frog, have no voice, or the opposite, I sound like a man. None of which, believe me, are sexy sounds. My cough is guttural and resembles a choking goose. During the day, I feel better, but it often gets worse after 9PM.  Sometimes it is so bad I think I might vomit from the intensity. Being that is two weeks and an empty bottle of Robitussin later, I thought if I went to the Dr. she would tell me nothing was wrong and that whatever it was, allergies or a cold, was already on its way out.  However, Mr. Boyfriend said, "This is not like you. You have a strong immune system, go to the Dr." So I made an appointment. (Major side points, he wanted to come with me to the Dr. to make sure I was okay.)

Turns out I have Bronchitis. Now, this is not a sympathy post, I just want to share what was waiting for me when I came home from work!




He left work early, went to Whole Foods to pick up dinner for me, and surprised me when I got home! He got sushi (my favorite!) and chicken noodle soup with a bread roll to help me feel better.  He knows I hate chicken so the soup intentionally had very little chicken. We are Lactards so for dessert he bought diary free cookie dough ice cream, "because my throat is probably sore from all the coughing."  And of course a peanut butter Carol's Cookie, just because he couldn't resist it in the checkout line.  How thoughtful and sweet!! How did I get so lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend!?  I will surely feel better with him around!  This may be one of the sweetest things anyone has done for me.

Now lets hope these antibiotics kick in. I have to be in tip top shape for the busy weekends ahead!

Everyone likes to be taken care of sometimes.  What is the sweetest thing someone has done for you?




Love, Caryn



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!